Pittsburgh-based FedEx Ground (NYSE: FDX), which offers seven-day-a-week delivery during its busiest holiday seasons, announced Thursday it would extend the service year-round for most of the U.S. starting in January 2020.
The company is shifting operations to match the demand of a growing e-commerce industry. The strategy also includes integrating FedEx SmartPost package volume and large package capabilities into the company’s standard operations, according to Patrick Fitzgerald, senior Vice President of integrated marketing and communication at FedEx.
While the U.S. Postal Service had previously handled many FedEx SmartPost package deliveries to residential areas, about two million of those packages will now be integrated back into FedEx Ground operations by the end of 2020.
- Woman shoots man, another hurt during fight on their way to party, police say
- Inbound lanes of the Boulevard of the Allies will close this weekend
- 3 suspicious fires under investigation
- VIDEO: Classmates hold memorial for boy who died in tragic crash on the Pa. Turnpike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times