MT LEBANON, Pa. - Firefighters from over a dozen fire departments responded to a 3-alarm house fire in Mt Lebanon Friday.
The fire started just after 9 a.m. at a 3-story home in the 900 block of Osage Road.
According to the homeowner, who was home at the time, a contractor was sealing the porch roof with a torch and it caught fire.
A firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion, the assistant fire chief said.
#HappeningNow Over a dozen fie departments respond to a house fire in Mt Lebanon. Homeowner says a contractors's torch sealing the roof , accidentally started the fire. A firefighter was taken to the hospital, treated for the heat pic.twitter.com/XmjNkhTPaN— Lori Houy (@WPXI_Lori) August 10, 2018
- LIVE UPDATES: Flooding reported in Pittsburgh during Friday's strong storms
- Father, 7-year-old daughter attacked by rabid beaver while kayaking on Pa. creek
- Report: NFL says deflated ball used by Steelers was 'defective'
- VIDEO: Girl Injured When She Falls 60 Feet After Being Pushed Off Bridge
© 2018 Cox Media Group.