A police officer in Chile received a heartwarming hug from a dog he rescued over the weekend.
The policeman responded to a call on March 3 reporting a dog in distress.
The dog had been left alone in the yard of a house and somehow became caught up in a cord connected to a canopy.
Neighbors who heard the dog whimpering in pain phoned the police, according to a local news report.
Video shows the police officer climbing a fence and using his knife to free the dog, who showed its gratitude by jumping up and embracing the rescuer.
The clip quickly went viral on Chilean social media with the police officer being hailed as a hero.
- Man flown to Pittsburgh hospital after arrest outside Walmart
- Detroit police: Chelsa Wagner showed 'level of intoxication' during incident
- Attorney: Chris Watts' daughter begged for her life after watching sister's murder
- VIDEO: Tractor-trailer Carrying Fireball Cinnamon Whisky Rolls Over
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.