HEMPFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A few more steps are required before the first of the four Allegheny Health Network small neighborhood hospitals around the region will be opening up.
AHN is working with regulators on the final hurdles to clear before the 10-bed AHN Hempfield in Hempfield, Westmoreland County, can open. The Department of Health have to certify that various pieces of the new hospital — including the pharmacy and lab licenses, safety and infection control plans — have approved before the final inspection can be completed. The final initial inspection before opening is completed by the department's Division of Acute and Ambulatory Care, also known as DAAC, which licenses general and specialty hospitals in Pennsylvania as well as certifies for Medicare.
- Local school district mourning loss of beloved student, talented athlete who died unexpectedly
- Medical examiner at scene of North Hills crash
- Two teens injured after pursuit involving state police ends in crash
- VIDEO: 'Doc Emrick Special' now featured at Primanti Bros.
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times