BETHEL PARK, Pa. - A water main break flooded at least two homes in Bethel Park Wednesday morning.
The break occurred on Logan Road, near Patterson Road, sending water downhill.
For the third time in three years, the Stegall family’s garage and basement were flooded. One previous instance of flooding was caused by another water main break, and the other was because of heavy rain.
“Three years, three motorcycles, three lawnmowers … it’s a little bit of everything, and insurance never covers everything. It’s tough, a lot of sentimental things,” Ron Stegall said.
Wednesday was also the third time water flowed into a neighbor’s basement apartment, damaging just about all her belongings.
Crews are working to repair the broken 8-inch water main, which is affecting service for about 35 Pennsylvania American Water customers. Officials said restoration is expected by early Wednesday evening.
- Motorcyclist accused of trying to run over state trooper on Parkway West
- Man attacked by 2 pit bulls on Mount Washington
- Kennywood is now a Certified Autism Center
- VIDEO: Dog found swimming 135 miles offshore in Gulf of Thailand, rescued by oil rig workers
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.