SUMMIT TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A father is behind bars on $250,000 bond after state police pulled him over on suspicion of DUI.
Police say Joshua Heigley was driving more than 100 mph in a 55 mph zone in Summit Township, Butler County.
Download the WPXI News App for breaking news alerts
When a trooper pulled him over, police paperwork states he not only noticed an open container of alcohol but two small children in the back.
"It’s very concerning. We don’t usually see those high speeds. It's dangerous for the driver, other passengers and people on the road," Pennsylvania State Trooper Dan Kesten said.
Channel 11's Amy Marcinkiewicz did some digging into court documents, and learned this is the fourth time Heigley has been charged with DUI in the past seven months.
- 6-year-old dies after sudden heart attack on baseball field
- Explosions heard, homes evacuated as flames light up neighborhood
- Hit-and-run driver slams into 9-year-old girl in front yard
- VIDEO: Rapper Nipsey Hussle shot, killed in Los Angeles; two others wounded
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.