BUTLER, Pa. - A Butler County schoolteacher was arrested and charged with theft after state police said she took money from the Karns City elementary basketball booster program.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for news stories out of Butler County. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police said Wendy Taylor was in charge of the program and after going through one month of the books, investigators found she stole almost $700 from the program. Taylor allegedly used the money for groceries and to pay her cellphone bill.
Taylor, a special education in the Moniteau School District, was in charge of the basketball booster program in Karns for four years.
- Federal charges filed in connection with South Side overdoses
- Do you really need to spend the money for a Real ID?
- 1 person dead after crash on Route 22 in Westmoreland County
- VIDEO: Memorial planned for local 5-year-old girl murdered 40 years ago
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.