PITTSBURGH - A man was found shot to death inside a running SUV early Friday morning in Pittsburgh’s Hazelwood neighborhood, authorities said.
Police were called shortly after midnight to Glenwood Avenue, where the man was found in the driver’s seat of the SUV with a gunshot wound to his head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the man as 26-year-old Josiah Battle-Davis.
The window of the SUV’s driver’s side door was shattered by a bullet, police said.
Witnesses told investigators the SUV had been parked on the street and running since early Thursday.
Crime tape left behind along Glenwood Ave in Hazelwood. Most neighbors I’ve spoken with have said they didn’t even know a shooting happened here until they turned on the news this morning. One man told me he “feels for the man” who got shot in his car. @WPXI pic.twitter.com/rXQ2xfRC5C— Mike Holden (@WPXIMikeHolden) January 11, 2019
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 412-323-7800.
- Man leaves 2 lbs of marijuana in Uber, busted by troopers when he went to retrieve it, police say
- Police: Driver in Utah crash was doing ‘Bird Box' challenge
- 1 hospitalized, 1 in custody after attempted stabbing in Mt. Lebanon
- VIDEO: 11 restaurants to check out during Restaurant Week
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.