UNION TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A vigil was held Monday night for an 8-year-old Lawrence County boy who was killed by his mother's boyfriend.
Mark Mason was stabbed to death by Keith Burley. Police said Burley stabbed him following a domestic dispute with Mason's mother while they were in a car with her two children.
The event showed New Castle standing strong as many turned out to remember Mason. The Shenango football team showed up to support the family with balloons of their team colors. Many wrote messages to Mason as they said goodbye Monday night.
Burley allegedly kidnapped the boys and took them to a house in Union Township. Police said that's where Mark Mason, known as Markie, started to fight back. He was stabbed multiple times.
The other child, who is 7 years old, was not hurt, authorities said.
Burley was arrested hours after the stabbing in Youngstown, Ohio. A judge ordered that he come back to Pennsylvania to face homicide and other charges.
- Police searching for man charged in 11-month-old's death
- 2 dead, dozens hurt after pendulum ride breaks at amusement park
- Woman hit by car after getting off bus in Pittsburgh neighborhood
- VIDEO: Police: Officer shoots, kills man who fired gun in midst of homicide investigation
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.