ELLWOOD CITY, Pa. - Employees at a Western Pennsylvania hospital haven’t been paid for weeks, and there’s no clear answer on when they will finally get their paychecks.
The company that owns and operates Ellwood City Medical Center in Lawrence County said last month it was having cash flow problems but insisted employees would eventually be paid every penny they’re owed.
Ellwood City’s mayor sits on the hospital board, and he says the hospital is a critical component of the community and must stay open.
- Police: Driver in Utah crash was doing ‘Bird Box' challenge
- Who is Jake Thomas Patterson? Suspect in Jayme Closs kidnapping identified
- Man leaves 2 lbs of marijuana in Uber, busted by troopers when he went to retrieve it, police say
- VIDEO: 11 restaurants to check out during Restaurant Week
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.