NEW CASTLE, Pa. - Three people were shot in New Castle early Wednesday morning.
It happened on Adams Street a little after midnight.
Khalidah Harris said she believes her 13-year-old son was the target.
"My stepson shielded him and protected him. They were trying to shoot my son. He was trying to run in the house and they told him not to run in the house," she said.
The three shooting victims are 15, 18 and 22 years old. Police said the 15-year-old was grazed by a bullet, while the other two were more seriously injured.
"They came from behind my house. They ran up on this side and ran up, not in my house, but on the porch," Harris said.
Police have not named the suspects or a motive, but Harris said there were at least eight people wearing masks.
She believes they came after her 13-year-old because of an altercation he had with another teen earlier in the day.
- PA double homicide suspect spotted in Florida
- Church festival canceled because of 'disturbing letter'
- World-renowned forensic pathologist from Pittsburgh weighs in on Jeffrey Epstein case
- VIDEO: Trump to promote turning natural gas into plastics in Pa.
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.