PENN HILLS, Pa. - Penn Hills officials are cracking down on illegal dumping and called out the some of the worst offenders.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Penn Hills code enforcement officers and police shared a video of polluters caught in the act. In the video, a man can be seen dumping large amounts of garbage and furniture in the middle of the day. Charges have now been filed against three suspects, but more charges are on the way.
Officials said they will roll out a new initiative to catch people littering in their community by increasing fines upward of $2,000 and forcing them to clean up. They'll use cameras to capture people dumping illegally.
"Stop doing it. Because we’re not gonna stop. We’re gonna continue this program. We’re gonna continue to identify the people doing this. If you’re coming into the community to do this, go somewhere else,” Penn Hills Municipal Manager Scott Andrejchak said.
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Woman says she was temporarily removed from American Airlines flight to 'cover up' short romper
- VIDEO: Pipeline protest in Marshall Twp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.