DELMONT, Pa. - They were serving a search warrant in connection with a sexual assault investigation and heard gunshots. That's what Delmont police said caused the large police presence and why they shut down nearby roads Saturday evening.
The incident happened at a home on West Pine Street. Police said they set up a perimeter and evacuated nearby homes. Offices said they made multiple attempts to contact the person inside the home.
Around 10:30 p.m., police said that Richard Franco, 56, was found dead inside the house from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The actor in the critical incident in Delmont was found deceased with what appears to be a self inflicted gun shot wound.— Troop A Public Information Officers (@PSPTroopAPIO) August 11, 2019
The roadways will be opened as soon a possible. Delmont PD will provide further updates.
Route 66 was closed from Route 22 going toward Delmont during the incident.
Police said there were no injuries to first responders and no law enforcement officers fired their weapons.
- Jeffrey Epstein found dead in jail cell, officials say
- Reports: Antonio Brown won't play this season unless he gets to use old helmet
- Motorcyclist killed in crash in Squirrel Hill Tunnel
- VIDEO: Lidia's Pittsburgh to close after nearly two-decades in the Strip
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.