PITTSBURGH - EQT Corp. is readying plans to lay off around 200 employees in a move that could happen sometime this week.
Multiple sources told the Business Times about the plans for the layoffs, which would be a significant portion of the 800 or so employees that are working at the downtown Pittsburgh-based natural gas driller. It would be the second round of layoffs at EQT (NYSE: EQT) since January, when about 100 employees were laid off by the previous management team.
EQT declined comment.
CLICK HERE to keep reading more in the Pittsburgh Business Times.
- Teenager dies after accidentally being shot in the face
- "I just kinda knew it wasn't right.." Convincing new phone scam impacting our area
- British Airways grounds nearly all flights as pilots strike
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times