SHIPPINGPORT, Pa. - First Energy is shutting down its coal-powered plant in Beaver County ahead of schedule.
The Bruce Mansfield Power Plant will shut down Nov. 7.
The plant in Shippingport was originally set to close in 2021.
Two of the plant's units have already been deactivated.
The company said it's for financial reasons.
Bruce Mansfield is the biggest coal-fired power plant in Pennsylvania.
- Steelers WR coach Darryl Drake dies; practice canceled until Tuesday
- 5 children killed in day care center fire in Pennsylvania
- Record for world's largest wedding cookie table broken in Monongahela
- VIDEO: Hundreds of motorcyclists take part in Officer Brian Shaw Memorial Ride
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.