NORTH HILLS, Pa. - UPMC is increasing its services in the North Hills, including expansions in cancer, heart and women's services at UPMC Passavant as well as a women's speciality center at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry Township.
The expansion will center around three flagship service lines: UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital and UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
UPMC Passavant will see a full-service breast screening program with advanced digital mammography, an advanced cardiac procedure called Watchman that will reduce the risk of stroke in atrial fibrillation patients, and the addition of a cardiothoracic surgeon who will do transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery.
- WPIAL bans local high school from 2020 football playoffs for using ineligible player
- Woman walks into Oklahoma home, tries to take newborn baby, police say
- Man dies after being shot multiple times in Aliquippa; police following leads
- VIDEO: A serial killer at the VA hospital? What's behind a series of deaths
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times