SOUTH PARK, Pa. - A South Park woman was arraigned Monday on charges of stealing nearly $1 million from an Upper St. Clair church with her husband.
Prosecutors say Connie and David Reiter had been stealing from Westminster Presbyterian Church for the past decade while he was the administrator.
David Reiter allegedly went so far as to impersonate an auditor over the phone when other church officials started getting suspicious, police said.
Investigators said David Reiter deposited the money into a bank account controlled by him and his wife.
The Reiters allegedly used the money for a variety of personal expenses including family vacations, vehicle repairs, tickets to Pittsburgh Pirates games and groceries.
Channel 11's Courtney Brennan tried to speak to Connie Reiter outside court Tuesday. Reiter told Brennan that she and her children are being harassed
- Heavy police presence in downtown Pittsburgh, car towed
- Man in custody after hostage incident in Washington County
- ‘World's Largest Rubber Duck' making another stop in Pennsylvania
- VIDEO: Man claims to be UPMC employee, tries to steal woman's car from hospital garage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.