MT. LEBANON, Pa. - A former office manager accused of stealing thousands of dollars pleaded guilty Tuesday.
Karen Vechter was accused of embezzling more than $285,000 over 18 years.
She worked as an officer manager at the Braff Group in Mt. Lebanon.
"I did receive a check for $286,000, which I'm out of pocket for roughly $500,000, so its something but this doesnt make me whole," CEO Dexter Braff said.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news.
CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police say she used the company credit card to buy alcohol, gifts and pay for vacations.
As part of the plea deal she paid back that money and will spend 16 months on house arrest.
"I wanted her to get at least a year of jail time," Braff said.
- Juvenile stabbed to death, search underway for suspect on parole
- Largest fentanyl bust in state history made along Pa. turnpike, police say
- Police investigating attempted child abduction report at Hersheypark
- VIDEO: Dog set on fire and killed
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.