ATLANTA - Several students were injured in a shooting near the campus of Clark Atlanta University late Tuesday night.
The shooting occurred during a block party around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of James P. Brawley Drive southwest and Beckwith Street southwest.
Police said when officers arrived, they found four women students, ages 17 through 19, with injuries. They were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and are listed as stable.
Many students are unable to get home because their dorms are inside the crime scene pic.twitter.com/58j2ZHeZi3— Michael Seiden (@SeidenWSBTV) August 21, 2019
The location was on the steps of a library used by Clark Atlanta University, Spelman and Morehouse students.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- Animals rescued from home after woman found dead inside
- Man arrested after talking about mass shooting inside local church
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- VIDEO: North Hills community proposes changes to dog barking rules
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.