Pittsburgh and fans of the late rapper Mac Miller are paying tribute to him, following his death last September.
This summer the iconic Blue Slide at #Pittsburgh's historic Frick Park took a beating!— Pittsburgh Public Works (@PGHDPW) September 5, 2019
Now that kids are back at school, our Parks Division crews applied a fresh coat of paint. pic.twitter.com/UVEd0Vj8KF
This Saturday marks the first anniversary of his death, and fans are remembering him with a vigil on Friday, Sept. 6, at Blue Slide Park, the place that inspired his album in 2011.
The Celebration of Mac Miller event started at 6 p.m., and hundreds of people were in attendance.
Fans of Miller said they want to celebrate his music and the good he did for Pittsburgh, including investing in youth programs and safe playgrounds.
The celebration of life comes just two days after federal prosecutors announced an arrest in connection with Miller's death.
Prosecutors charged Cameron Pettit, alleging he sold counterfeit oxycodone pills containing fentanyl to Miller.
- DA: Woman who abducted toddler was only person involved in her death, evidence shows
- Timeline of abduction, search and discovery of Nalani Johnson
- Report: Raiders planning to suspend Antonio Brown
- VIDEO: Man arrested 4 months after 14-year-old boy was found in shallow grave
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.