CRESCENT SPRINGS, Ken. — One week after the election, a simple coin toss ended an election dispute in the small Kentucky community of Crescent Springs.
Jennine Bell Smith and Patrick Hackett were both write-in candidates for city council. After ballots were counted and recounted, the Kenton County clerk announced a tie between the two. They each received 79 votes.
- Yet another blood pressure medication recalled over cancer risk
- Police: Man driving 118 mph — in 45-mph zone — says he was testing new car parts
- Authorities announce arrests in brutal slayings of Ohio family of 8
- VIDEO: FBI launching investigation into violent bar brawl involving police, Pagans
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
To settle the tie, the local sheriff held a coin toss to determine a winner. Hackett picked heads which was a winning call.
Hackett will be sworn in as one of six Crescent Springs council members in January.