WALNUT, Miss. - Officials say a school bus rolled over in Walnut, Mississippi, killing the driver and seriously hurting multiple people.
Mississippi Highway Patrol told WHBQ seven children were hurt and two of the children were taken from the scene by helicopters. The two who were airlifted are in critical condition and being treated at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
Benton County Superintendent Steve Bostick identified Chester Cole as the bus driver. MHP confirmed to WHBQ the Cole did not survive.
Benton County Emergency Management also confirmed there were injuries.
No other vehicle was involved and the cause of the accident is not known.
- Person hit by vehicle on Route 48, road closed
- Man smells smoke, gets himself and two children out of Pittsburgh home
- Police: Football fan threatened New England Patriots for signing Antonio Brown
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.