York Fair chief executive officer Bryan Blair said one person fell from a car on the Giant Wheel on the midway at about 8 p.m. Friday. He said the other person in the car didn't fall but couldn't confirm Saturday whether the person was on the ride or on the ground. He said both were taken to York Hospital, which has released no information about their condition.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Blair said inspectors with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture's amusement rides and attractions unit have looked at the ride and talked to operators and witnesses. He said the fair and Deggeler Attractions are cooperating with the probe.
- Victim identified, third man in custody in connection with body found in local park
- More than 2,200 fetal remains found on property of late doctor who ran abortion clinic
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster, Ryan Switzer put smiles on patients' faces at Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Heartburn drug Zantac, generic versions could contain small amounts of possible carcinogen
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.