PITTSBURGH - Four people are displaced following a duplex fire in Pittsburgh's Troy Hill neighborhood Saturday morning.
Crews responded to the home in the 1800 block of Lowrie Street around 9 a.m.
If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our WPXI News App.
Four people, including two children, were all safely evacuated, according to Pittsburgh Public Safety officials.
Eight pets also lived in the home.
- 1 killed, another injured in Beaver Co. crash
- Escape room fire kills 5 teen girls in Poland
- Report: Steelers expected to consider trade offers for Antonio Brown
- VIDEO: Officials see dramatic, unexpected drop in local overdose deaths
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Two cats were seen safely running from the fire by neighbors, one cat got out with a resident and crews rescued two other cats from the burning home, officials said. Three dogs are also rescued.
Medics treated the animals with devices specially designed for animals, according to officials.
The Red Cross has been notified to help the displaced residents with temporary shelter.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.