GIBSONIA, Pa. - "I make school go boom" was found scrawled on a bathroom wall at Pine-Richland Middle School on Monday morning and it prompted the evacuation of students to the nearby high school, district officials said.
School officials told Channel 11 the district's safety response team was activated and local police canine units were brought in to search the building. After a search, students were allowed to safely return to class.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Officials with Pine-Richland said the middle school was under a state of heightened precautions that included canceling after-school activities.
Students will be subject to a bag search on Tuesday morning, according to district officials.
- Teenager dies after accidentally being shot in the face
- "I just kinda knew it wasn't right.." Convincing new phone scam impacting our area
- British Airways grounds nearly all flights as pilots strike
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.