WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. - Century III Mall is a ghost town.
Anchor stores JCPenney and Dick’s Sporting Goods are the only stores that remain open after the mall abruptly closed because it was recently deemed unsafe.
“We lost everything.” That’s what the owner of Century III Nails said after his business had to close after the mall shut down recently. The few remaining mall tenants just received vacate notices. The closure does not affect the mall’s anchor stores, @jcpenney and @DICKS.— Erin Clarke (@ErinClarkeWPXI) February 17, 2019
The owner of one of the few remaining tenants told Channel 11’s Erin Clarke he just got a vacate notice.
He said because this all happened so suddenly, he had no time to find a place to relocate and has no immediate plans to relocate.
However, that isn't the case for a beloved comic book store.
Through the closed doors of the darkened mall, we spotted signs informing shoppers that New Dimension Comics is moving to the Waterfront.
The store address has already been changed to the new location on Facebook, and a post thanks customers for helping pack up and move the store:
We reached out to the mall developer for comment but did not hear back.
- Police seek person of interest in connection with disappearance of 27-year-old woman
- ‘The Golden Girls'-themed nostalgic cruise setting sail in 2020
- Country singer Miranda Lambert allegedly dumps plate on woman in steakhouse altercation
- VIDEO: Customers Continue To Line Up As A&W Restaurant Burns
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.