PITTSBURGH - Echo Realty LP is taking its first steps in the public approval process to redevelop its Giant Eagle-anchored Shady Hill shopping center in the East End, transforming it into a new mixed-used development that would add more than 200 apartments and reconfigured retail.
According to agenda documents, Echo will brief the Pittsburgh Planning Commission on its petition to change the zoning of the five-acre site along Penn Avenue and Highland Avenues from its current commercial designation to urban neighborhood commercial. The proposed change would enable the company to transform what is now a largely suburban-style strip mall with a large parking field into a denser mixed-use approach with structured parking.
- Teenager dies after accidentally being shot in the face
- "I just kinda knew it wasn't right.." Convincing new phone scam impacting our area
- British Airways grounds nearly all flights as pilots strike
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times