NEW KENSINGTON, Pa. - A new K-9 named in honor of fallen police Officer Brian Shaw is now part of the New Kensington Police Department.
Deuce was acquired and trained through funding from the Brian Shaw Foundation, Channel 11's News exchange partners at TribLIVE reported.
Shaw played soccer for Burrell High School and his jersey number was 2, according to TribLIVE. His nickname was Deuce.
Deuce was given the badge number 29K in another tribute to Shaw, whose badge number was 29.
Shaw was shot and killed during a traffic stop and foot chase in November 2017.
- Sharks spotted off coast of Myrtle Beach
- 3 people rescued on Ohio River when barge crushes boat
- Body found in Yough River after crash on I-70 bridge in Westmoreland County
- VIDEO: SEE: Brazilian gang leader dressed up as daughter, tries to escape jail
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.