PITTSBURGH - In search of a new opportunity after the Nine on Nine restaurant in which she worked closed in February, Franki Wasik opted to open her own restaurant for the first time at the age of 27.
Working with her mother, Susan, a long-time chef at Nine on Nine, and with her father, David, Wasik bought the business of the former Stack’d on Copeland Street in Shadyside and is working to reopen it with a two-concept approach, a sit-down restaurant called Frances on the first floor with the companion Frank’s Bar and Grill upstairs.
Wasik is drawing on her family as the source of her inspiration for the new restaurant.
- Suspect arrested in Stowe Township shooting
- Man found with stab wound in middle of the street dies
- Evacuations lifted for Etna homes, businesses as crews monitor damage from fire at large building
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh leaders approve $32M for I-579 ‘cap' project
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times