PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates and Pirate Charities are honoring the life of Roberto Clemente Wednesday.
The organization is taking part in a day service projects in and around Pittsburgh to honor Clemente’s legacy of community service.
Pirates players and coaches took part in a special Miracle League fantasy camp at PNC Park. Participants had the chance to learn from the Pirate players at skill stations.
Other events included a visit to the Allegheny Intermediate Unit Latino Family Center, school assemblies at Brashear High School and Conroy Education Center and a visit to the Southwestern Veterans Center.
SEE THE FULL STORY BELOW:
- Man installs electric fence to keep kids off his lawn
- Local singer attacked by 3 dogs while delivering package
- Man drives truck into Dallas television station
- VIDEO: FDA says Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal still not safe to eat
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.