PITTSBURGH — A teacher at a Pittsburgh school was knocked unconscious, according to sources, after being pushed inside Morrow Intermediate in Brighton Heights.
Shortly afterward, Channel 11 cameras captured what appeared to be a student being placed into the back of a police cruiser.
According to a Pittsburgh Public Schools spokeswoman, those were two separate incidents at the campus of Morrow Intermediate.
The spokeswoman confirmed that paramedics responded to the school after a teacher bumped her head after she was pushed by a student. City and school police were both called to the school in Brighton Heights.
- 3 found alive inside West Virginia coal mine
- Teen says friend's brother raped her on couch next to his sleeping girlfriend
- Pittsburgh teacher sent to hospital after student shoves her into locker
- VIDEO: Fight club trainer accused of sexually assaulting teens
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
She has since been released from the hospital and is doing OK.
It has not been determined if charges will be filed against the student, but the spokeswoman said the student will face school-based disciplinary action.
As for the girl being escorted into a school police vehicle before it left the campus, the spokeswoman said she was being transported for medical reasons and no further information is available.
But sources told Channel 11 that student was fighting with security guards.
© 2020 Cox Media Group