WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. - The owner Century III Mall has agreed to revise the plans to redevelop the property after complaints that they lacked details.
Among other information in the revised plans, the new information includes a market study outlining potential uses for the property.
Century III Mall opened 40 years ago and last year filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
The owner now wants to build a mix of commercial, residential, office and entertainment venues on the property – which has been mostly vacant for some time.
- New fast-food restaurant creating lunch hour traffic headaches in Penn Hills
- Jason Momoa films new Netflix thriller in Pittsburgh
- Why you shouldn't rake your leaves this autumn
- VIDEO: Mother left newborn, 9-year-old inside car with keys in ignition on busy road
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Sears had objected, claiming the company still owes them more than $4 million, but a deal with Sears is reportedly in the works.
The company still needs approval from the bankruptcy courts.
Watch the full report from Target 11's Rick Earle about the plans for Century III Mall above!
© 2019 Cox Media Group.