JEANNETTE, Pa. - A search is underway for a couple following a shooting that stemmed from a child custody argument in Westmoreland County.
Police said the incident happened when DeJanette Crosby, 23, went to see her child at her ex-boyfriend's home on North Third Street in Jeannette.
Police said they began arguing over custody and then 22-year-old Elijah Miles, Crosby's boyfriend, entered the home and shot the child's grandmother, who was also in the room. Miles and Crosby then fled the scene.
- Treasurer of local PTO accused of stealing $25,000
- Man accused of hitting two women with his car, including his mother
- Man stabbed during argument in downtown Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Infant Drowns After Mother Falls Asleep in Bath with Him, Police Say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Miles is a black male and is around 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. Crosby is a black female, around 4 feet, 10 inches tall and 140 pounds.
They were last seen leaving the area in a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser with license plate KXK6169.
Police said they are both considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts is asked to call the Jeannette Police Department by calling Westmoreland County 911.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.