PITTSBURGH - For the second time, officials with the City of Pittsburgh are appealing a ruling that would allow a police officer back on the force after he was found not guilty of road rage.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The city has now appealed that August ruling up to commonwealth court.
"This is absolutely outrageous. Cleared by a jury, reinstated by an arbitrator and reviewed by a distinguished Common Pleas Judge Don Walko, and everybody agreed Kramer should be reinstated," said police union president Bob Swartzwelder.
Kramer has filed a federal lawsuit against Mayor Bill Peduto, Police Chief Scott Schubert and others.
- Federal lawsuit filed against Antonio Brown on rape charges
- Technology helping investigators build case against suspect in toddler's abduction, death
- Mummies arrive at Carnegie Science Center ahead of exhibit's opening
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.