PITTSBURGH - A woman was stabbed Friday afternoon along Market Street, the third stabbing in downtown Pittsburgh this month.
The stabbing was reported about 12:30 p.m. in Triangle Park, which is surrounded by Market Street and Liberty and Fifth avenues.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to breaking news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police said the woman was stabbed in her arm. She was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
"He’s yelling at her and going up and down the steps yelling at her and sneaks up and screams at her," said Rex Streno, a witness.
That's when witnesses said the suspect, Johnny Lee Martin, 26, started running.
"The Pittsburgh cop was extremely fast. I watched him come outside, then the guy came on this side of the street. Cop tried to cut him off, tried to cut back on this side," Streno said. "He put his hands up, dropped whatever he had and kicked it, and they took him to the ground and arrest him."
Police said Martin is from Alabama and faces charges of aggravated assault, possessing instruments of crime, resisting arrest and other charges. He was taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
Last week, a man was stabbed downtown and chased to Market Square. Several days earlier, two women, one of whom died, were stabbed at a bus stop on Sixth Avenue.
- Kansas City woman thought she had water in ear, but doctors find brown recluse spider
- 2-year-old girl drowns in pool in Fayette County
- Full-figured feline looking for forever home in Philadelphia
- VIDEO: God got a hole in one: North Carolina golf course struck by lightning, leaves its mark
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.