MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Pa. — The case against Christofer Urrutia-Uribio is moving forward.
The 31-year-old California man waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday after a felony rape charge was withdrawn and replaced by felony aggravated indecent assault.
He’s also charged with burglary and misdemeanor indecent assault stemming from a Sept. 3 incident at the Double Tree Hotel in Marshall Township.
“The hotel security was able to identify our suspect. Our officers arrived. We brought him in for an interview and he fully admitted to sexually assaulting our victim,” said Chief John Sicilia, with the Northern Regional Police Department, who covers that area.
RELATED >> Man accused of raping woman at hotel in Marshall Township
According to Sicilia, Urrutia-Uribio had been staying at the hotel for several weeks while in town for a catering job. The chief said the victim left her door propped open for her boyfriend to come in after she had gone to bed.
“She was woken up around 2 to 3 in the morning by someone on top of her, sexually assaulting her and she realized it wasn’t her boyfriend,” said Sicilia.
Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.
The chief described the alleged assault as a “crime of opportunity.”
The victim is from out of town and did not know Urrutia-Uribio.
“He just said it was completely random. He just happened to be walking down the hall, saw that the door wasn’t secured, and took advantage of the situation,” said Sicilia.
Urrutia-Uribio is due back in court for a formal arraignment on Nov. 22.
Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW
©2022 Cox Media Group