UNITY TOWNSHIP, Pa. — Crews searched a Westmoreland County cemetery in the case of a missing Latrobe woman, Cassandra Gross.
"Anything that could be some type of evidence that could help us to determine if she was in this area, if she's alive or not alive, or any evidence that can help us," said Trooper Steve Limani, of the Pennsylvania State Police's troop in Greensburg.
Gross, 51, was reported missing April 10. State police found her charred vehicle in a wooded area later that day.
State police tell Channel 11 about 30 people from Professional Searchers Rapid Response Services out of Ohio, along with Westmoreland Fire and Rescue personnel searched the area.
There were also two cadaver dogs available to assist in the search.
State police have not said what specifically led them back to this area.
- Police continue to search for leads in Latrobe woman's disappearance
- 11 things to know about missing Latrobe woman Cassandra Gross
- Missing woman's friend last one to see her, recounts their time together
- PHOTOS: State police investigating the disappearance of a Latrobe woman
- Cassandra Gross' estranged boyfriend appears in court for bond hearing
Cox Media Group