MONONGAHELA, Pa. — A fire at a Washington County scrap yard sent black plumes of smoke into the air Friday morning.
The fire was reported just after 10 a.m. at Monongahela Iron and Metal Company on Main Street in Monongahela.
The fire was contained to a garbage container; however, there were tires in the dumpster that burned causing the thick smoke.
A Hazmat team was at the scrap yard to ensure no pollutants got into the river.
- Local Kmart, Sears among 80 additional closures just announced
- Steelers sign kicker Matt McCrane, place Chris Boswell on IR list
- Child safe, father in custody after abduction in O'Hara Township
- 200-Person Brawl Breaks Out At Virginia Skating Rink
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group