SOMERSET COUNTY — A former Pittsburgh Public Schools police officer who was found guilty in a sex abuse case in 2013 was found dead in his cell at Somerset SCI, the Somerset County coroner said.
According to court documents, Robert Lellock was sentenced to serve 32 to 64 years in prison. He was also registered as a sexually violent predator.
- PREVIOUS COVERAGE >>> DA demands answers in Pittsburgh school officer investigation
- PREVIOUS COVERAGE >>> 5th accuser claims Pittsburgh school officer made unwanted sexual contact
- PREVIOUS COVERAGE >>> Lawsuit filed by alleged molestation victim of former Pittsburgh schools officer
- PREVIOUS COVERAGE >>> Trial begins for former school officer accused of molesting 4 boys
- PREVIOUS COVERAGE >>> 4 alleged victims, ex-principal testify during day 2 of school officer’s trial
- PREVIOUS COVERAGE >>> Former school officer takes stand in own defense during sex abuse case
The Somerset County coroner said the details of Lellock’s death are still under investigation at this time.
Channel 11 reached out to Somerset SCI to learn more. They said they would provide more information on Monday.
Lellock filed an appeal in March 2023 but was denied in September.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.
©2023 Cox Media Group