BLAIRSVILLE, Pa. — More than 20,000 people have signed a petition to rename, or have some sort of memorial installed at, an Indiana County park where a toddler abducted from Penn Hills was found dead.
The petition is pushing for Pine Ridge Park in Blairsville to be renamed "Nalani Johnson Park" or for there to be a playground or some other type of memorial constructed in her honor.
Nalani, who was close to turning 2 years old, was abducted Aug. 31. Her body was found Sept. 3.
A woman has been charged with kidnapping, but not with Nalani’s death, which officials said is expected to be ruled homicide by a medical examiner once the cause of death is determined.
CLICK HERE if you would like to sign the petition.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- Technology helping investigators build case against suspect in toddler's abduction, death
- Loved ones gather to say goodbye to Nalani Johnson
- Dozens of mourners gather to remember Nalani Johnson
- DA: Woman who abducted toddler was only person involved in her death, evidence shows
- Community pulling together to make sure Nalani Johnson's memory lives on forever
- Missing toddler found dead in Blairsville
- Search underway in Indiana Co. for abducted toddler
- What we know about abducted toddler Nalani Johnson
- Prayer event held as the search continues for toddler at the center of Amber Alert
- What we know about Sharena Nancy, woman charged with abduction of toddler
Cox Media Group