PITTSBURGH - A group of people protesting the death of Antwon Rose shut down a major East Liberty road on Sunday.
Penn Avenue was blocked at Highland Avenue as demonstrators stand in a circle.
Organizers said their message is the same -- justice for Antwon Rose. They told Channel 11, even though Officer Michael Rosfeld has been charged for shooting Rose, they believe he has received special treatment.
They said they will march until that changes.
"We're going to stay until the right charges are filed and hopefully his bond is revoked, because we've never ever heard of anybody who has been charged for homicide and are allowed out on bail or house arrest," said organizer Stephanie Harris.
- LIVE UPDATES: Protesters rallying for Antwon Rose shut down Penn Avenue
- Officer who shot Antwon Rose in East Pittsburgh identified as Michael Rosfeld
- Peduto, Fitzgerald praise protesters, police for calm demonstrations
- Protests continue over the death of Antwon Rose
- Timeline of East Pittsburgh traffic stop, shooting death of 17-year- old
- Civilian Police Review Board of Allegheny County meets after deadly shooting
- What we know now about Antwon Rose, 17-year-old fatally shot by police
- List of fatal officer-involved shootings in Allegheny County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.